Michael Scott Snyder
10/1998 – 10/2002
Administrative Specialist, Pennsylvania Army National Guard
– Administered and maintained Unit Personnel Records for 385 soldiers.
– Monitored and controlled communications between units when in a field environment.
– Set-up and conducted Battalion social and community events.
– Maintained a National security classification.
03/1983 – 04/1987
USAF Security Specialist – Enlisted E4
Oahu, HI – Abilene, TX
08/2009 – 03/2013
Licensed Insurance Agent, Humana Insurance Company
– Telesales Agent in the Medicare operations
– Respond to inbound/outbound customers’ calls, evaluate their needs and find a suitable Humana product.
– Use customer service, sales and product expertise to influence both internal and external customers.
– Provide general information about Humana’s products, coverage plans and rates to prospective customers and brokers over the telephone.
– Build and sustain productive long-term relationships with insurance agents and sales associates.
– Meet and consistently exceed sales and activity goals established for individual representatives and teams.
04/2008 – 08/2009
Life Insurance Agent, American Income Life
– Life insurance agent covering the Pinellas and Hillsborough Counties.
05/2007 – 03/2008
Store Director, Hollywood Video
– Improved the store with the lowest revenue by increasing it 110% taking it off the closure list.
– Managed the Riverview location that was the only Million-dollar revenue location in the State of Florida.
– Increased customer base and revenue even with the company in bankruptcy status.
03/2006 – 05/2007
Department Manager, Lowes Home Improvement
St. Petersburg, FL
– Department Manager for Plumbing and Millworks Department.
– Managed and trained 8 to 12 Employees.
– Managed inventory and product sales.
– Responsible for merchandising and vendor relations.
– Managed customer service and relations.
10/2003 – 03/2006
Senior Customer Service Representative, Bank of America
– Assisted Client Managers out in the field with all financial transactions needed.
– Assisted Business Clients with any financial transactions when Client Managers were unavailable.
– All Client Managed accounts must have had a minimum of $350K in deposits and loans.
– When needed, trained to assist any other Consumer or Business Customer with any transaction.
03/2002 – 10/2003
New Store Set-up Manager, McRee-Large Inc
– Responsible for setting up 32 product lines in new Lowe’s stores nationwide.
– Responsible for communications between client and corporate office.
– Responsible for macro detailed procedures.
– Responsible for time and shipment management.
03/2000 – 10/2003
Assistant Facility Manager, The Capital Theatre
– Responsible for all occupants of the theatre during events.
– Responsible for Opening and Closing of the facility, and managing the volunteer staff.
– Responsible for maintaining relations between The Capital Theatre staff and visiting performing groups which include Ronnie Millsap, Colin Raye, The Four Tops, Rockapella and others.
– Responsible for cash and product control in concession gallery.
– Assisted with sound and light production for various visiting groups.
– Set-up and managed Banquet facilities for up to 200 people.
03/2001 – 03/2002
District Manager, Henricker Co. Inc
– Managed 7 retail convenience stores in Franklin county PA with a staff of 65 employees.
– Supervised all staff including, but not limited to reviewing, hiring, training and terminations.
– Responsible for P&L statements and reported directly to the Owners of the company.
– Responsible for merchandising and supervising maintenance for all 7-property locations.
– Developed and implemented programs to increase sales with employee and consumer contests.
– Implemented loss prevention and theft detection programs.
– Maintained relations with 27 vendors and aggressively searched for new vendors to maintain a high profit margin while searching for quality products while insuring a strong bottom line.
06/1994 – 03/2001
Regional Manager, Textron Logistics Co
– Career started with Elco Consumers Products as a service representative. When Textron bought Elco, I was promoted to District Manager in Florida. Later promoted to Regional Manager in Pennsylvania over the Northeast territory. Textron later sold the service division and we became part of The Service Group.
– Responsible for all staff management including but not limited to reviewing, hiring, training and terminations.
– Implemented a formal training program and field management.
05/2011 – 05/2014
Bachelor of Liberal Studies
The University of Tampa, Tampa, FL
05/2008 – 06/2008
Health, Life and Annuities License Certification
Florida School of Insurance, Tampa, FL
06/2007 – 03/2008
Landmark Forum Curriculum for Living
Landmark Education, Tampa / Hollywood, FL
10/2005 – 07/2006
Massage Therapy Certification
Humanities/Cortiva Institute School of Massage & Body Work, Pinellas Park, FL
08/1978 – 06/1979
Associates’ Degree in Business Management
(not completed because of military service)
Saint Petersburg College, Clearwater, FL
• Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; Lotus Notes; Google Apps;
• Empower; Citrix; Edge
• Digital Photography, basic editing using Adobe Photoshop and iPhoto
• MAC and PC Operating Systems
08/2012 – present
National Society of Leadership and Success, University of Tampa, Tampa, FL
05/2011 – present
Honors Program, University of Tampa, Tampa, FL
07/2010 – present
The American Legion, Post 0011, Tampa, FL
09/1981 – present
Pearl of the West Masonic Lodge #146, New Port Richey, FL